A fun fall snack!
Clinton Kelly's Caramel Apple Pops
- 2 apples (granny smith or something tart) cut into half moons slices - about 8 slices per apple
For the Caramel Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup butter (2 stick)
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups cream or half and half
- chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- sweetened shredded coconut (for garnish)
- sprinkles (for garnish)
- 3 dozen skewers
- melted chocolate (for drizzling)
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan melt butter over medium low heat. Whisk the sugar and stir until combined. Add corn syrup and cream. Stir to combine.
- Let sit over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until it reaches 240 degrees F, the soft ball stage.
- Skewer apples then dip into the caramel, sprinkle with your topping of choice, and then lay them onto waxed paper (or greased parchment). Drizzle with chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes, or until the caramel is set.
Similar categories: Desserts