This decadent treat is well worth the effort. It's perfect for a weekend dessert, birthday party or even just to treat yourself.
Caramel Corn Brownies
- For the Brownies:
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
For the Topping:
- Caramel Corn (to taste)
- Chocolate Sauce (to taste)
- Salted Peanuts (to taste)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (to taste)
- For the Brownies: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make a double boiler and in it, melt the chopped chocolate and butter, and stir together until smooth.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, and whisk in the cocoa powder and the sugar. Once combined, whisk in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl, mix well, then fold into the wet ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined 9x13 dish and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until edges start to pull away.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
- For the Topping: Dress caramel corn, chocolate sauce, ice cream, and peanuts.