Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Anchovies
Clinton Kelly's Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots (sliced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 Anchovy Fillets
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Turbinado Sugar (for garnish)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and cook until just softened, and about 3 minutes, then add the anchovy. Once they dissolve, add the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat in olive. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly softened and lightly charred. Add the butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and transfer to a platter. Serve warm.