Ranch Style Hummus
Carla Hall's Caramelized Onion Hummus
- 2 large Sweet Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 14 .5-ounce cans Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 Lemons (zest and juice)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more as needed)
- fresh Vegetables (to serve)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low with a few tablespoons of oil. Add the onions and season with sugar and salt. When onions start to sweat, about 3 to 4 minutes, reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes or until deeply caramelized. This can be made a few days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon and Hidden Valley Original Ranch dip mix, tahini and half of the caramelized onions in the food processor and blend. While blending pour in the olive oil and puree until smooth. Adjust consistency with more oil as needed. Season to taste.
- Garnish hummus with remaining onions. Serve with fresh vegetables such as, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and celery.