This beef ragu is a great way to use up your leftovers.
Leftover Pot Roast Ragu
- 1 pound penne
- leftover pot roast with sauce and vegetables (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toastedbreadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Preheat a large, high-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and the left over pot roast, vegetables and sauce. Cook to warm through, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water. Add the cooked pasta and pasta water to the saute pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for one more minute. Remove from heat. Add the parsley, cheese and breadcrumbs. Toss to evenly coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Helpful Tip: Add some tomato paste or tomato sauce to the ragu to add depth of flavor.