Fresh, Healthy Beet, Carrot Slaw
Carla Hall's Beet, Carrot, and Cabbage Slaw with Spicy Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 beets, finely julienned, 2 small carrots (finely julienned), 1/4 cabbage (thinly sliced), 2 lemons (zest; save juice for vinaigrette), 2 teaspoons snipped chives, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 t
- Combine the vegetables with lemon zest and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss vegetables in dressing.