It's been a long hot summer, so take a break and enjoy this refreshing homemade fresca.
Blackberry Agua Fresca
- 1 1/2 Cups Blackberries rinsed (or Frozen Blackberries defrosted)
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice and zest (more to garnish)
- 2 sprigs thyme (more to garnish)
- 2 sprigs tarragon (more to garnish)
- Wash the blackberries.
- Juice and zest the lemon juice.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Pour the blackberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and more herbs, serve over ice.