Just a good ol' burger.
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Potato roll
- 1 1/2 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1/2 red onion cut into rings
- Hamburger dills
- 1 tomato cut into slices
- Romaine lettuce thinly sliced (shredded)
- Dijon mustard to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Gently shape the hamburger into 4 patties about 1/2” larger than buns. Press dimple in the middle of each patty to ensure even cooking. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet or grill to medium high. Cook burger on both sides for 2-4 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature. Melt cheese on burger.
- Warm buns on oven or in pan.
- Serve with hamburger dills, red onions, pickles, tomatoes and lettuce with mayo and mustard on the side.