Carla's chew chew clusters are the perfect treat for Halloween!
Chew Chew Clusters
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 1 cup salted Peanuts
- 1 jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce
- For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- For the Caramel Sauce: Heat sugar on medium high in a heavy bottom 3-quart saucepot. As the sugar begins to melt, begin to whisk vigorously. Stop whisking as soon as the sugar is boiling. In a slow stream, add the cream and whisk until the sauce is smooth. It will foam considerably during this step, and the next.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, and whisk until the butter has incorporated. Allow sauce to cool to room temperature before using.
- Place a teaspoon of chocolate in the bottom of the muffin tin. Then add a teaspoon of peanuts, teaspoon of caramel sauce, and a teaspoon of fluff. Top with another teaspoon of the dark chocolate. Place in the fridge to firm up, about 2 hours and up to overnight. Note: If you have a nut allergy you can leave out the peanuts.