Try this French-inspired comfort food!
Carla Hall's Chicken with Mushroom Duxelles
- 4 Airline Chicken (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Shallot (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Thyme (leaves only) chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 cups San Marzano Tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Pack Swanson Flavor Boost
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- Cook puff pastries as per package instructions (Cut into squares, on a baking sheet for 12 minutes at 375), cutting a small slit in the puff and inserting a small sprig of rosemary.
- Season the strips of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on all sides and then remove to a plate. In the same pan, add shallots, mushrooms, and thyme, and saute until mushrooms and shallots are tender, about 5-8 minutes. Deglase the pan with white wine and then add the tomatoes, chicken stock, chicken, and flavor boost. Stir all together and let reduce slightly. Add the cream.
- Serve on top of puff pastry.