Try just one heavenly bite.
Carla Hall's Eggs in Heaven
- 1 cup stone ground hominy grits or quick grits
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 Ham Steak grilled
- 6 eggs
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a 3 quart heavy-bottomed pot, bring water, milk and salt to a boil. Gradually stir in grits and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until thick. Whisk to prevent lumps.
- Stir in butter and cheese. Pour grits into 11x7-inch glass baking dish or a skillet.
- Make 6 depressions in grits mixture about 2” apart with the back of spoon sprayed with oil spray. Carefully break one egg into each depression. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs are at desired doneness. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot with grilled ham steak.