This recipe has been in Carla's family for nearly a century and now she's sharing it with you! Give it a try on a rainy day.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper. In a paper bag or re-sealable bag, mix flour and spices. In small batches, place chicken in flour mixture and shake until coated. Repeat until all the chicken has been floured.
- Fill the cast iron skillet up two inches and heat oil to 365°F. The oil is ready when a little bit is flour is dropped in, and the flour bubbles. Carefully place chicken in hot oil. Do not crowd pan. Cover and cook the chicken until it's brown on one side, then turn over to brown on the other side with the pan covered.
- Drain on a rack or paper towels. Spinkle with salt. Carla likes to eat these with rosemary honey.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Cuisine Southern
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat