This recipe has been in Carla's family for nearly a century and now she's sharing it with you! Give it a try on a rainy day.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper. In a paper bag or re-sealable bag, mix flour and spices. In small batches, place chicken in flour mixture and shake until coated. Repeat until all the chicken has been floured.
- Fill the cast iron skillet up two inches and heat oil to 365°F. The oil is ready when a little bit is flour is dropped in, and the flour bubbles. Carefully place chicken in hot oil. Do not crowd pan. Cover and cook the chicken until it's brown on one side, then turn over to brown on the other side with the pan covered.
- Drain on a rack or paper towels. Spinkle with salt. Carla likes to eat these with rosemary honey.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Cuisine Southern
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber