Perfect for dinner, but not for vampires.
Carla Hall's Garlicky Meat Loaf
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Dry oatmeal ground finely
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup gated onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 4 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tabasco
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- For Garlicky Meatloaf: In a medium bowl, combine milk and oatmeal. Let sit for 2 minutes. Stir in eggs, horseradish, ketchup, garlic, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, onions and carrots. Gently mix in oatmeal mixture until combined thoroughly. On a parchment or foil lined sheet pan, shape mixture into a loaf. Score the top diagonally.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- For Ketchup Glaze: Combine all ketchup glaze ingredients and slather ketchup glaze on top. Bake for another 30 minutes or until done.