Treat yourself to a delicious dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, small dice
- 1 red or yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, small dice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 piece andouille, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons roux (equal parts butter and flour cooked to light brown), as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 cup boiled rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sweat onions then add garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in diced celery and peppers. Add cayenne pepper and adjust seasoning. Cook until soft.
- In a separate small skillet, sauté andouille until browned. Add to vegetables. Pour in wine and let reduce.
- Pour in chicken stock then stir in 2 tablespoons dark brown roux. Adjust seasoning and add the thyme and oregano. Throw in chicken and shrimp at the last minute, so they do not overcook.
- Serve gumbo over boiled rice.
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers