Treat yourself to a delicious dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, small dice
- 1 red or yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, small dice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 piece andouille, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons roux (equal parts butter and flour cooked to light brown), as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 cup boiled rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sweat onions then add garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in diced celery and peppers. Add cayenne pepper and adjust seasoning. Cook until soft.
- In a separate small skillet, sauté andouille until browned. Add to vegetables. Pour in wine and let reduce.
- Pour in chicken stock then stir in 2 tablespoons dark brown roux. Adjust seasoning and add the thyme and oregano. Throw in chicken and shrimp at the last minute, so they do not overcook.
- Serve gumbo over boiled rice.
rate this recipe
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce