These oatmeal cranberry white chocolate cookies are the perfect snack or dessert for any occasion!
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 lb .unsalted butter cut into pieces (reserve 2 ounces melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries (chopped)
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream cold butter and both sugars; add melted butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy. Incorporate flour mixture, a little at a time, until blended, but not overworked.
- Add in the oats, dried cranberries, and white chocolate; mix thoroughly to distribute.
- Freeze dough in zip top bag.
- Remove frozen dough from freezer and allow to thaw enough so you can cut it into small squares.
- Portion cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, standing on their tallest side.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven until cookies are lightly golden, but still soft in the center if pressed lightly, about 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.