There are few foods more satisfying and easier than a roasted chicken. Try Carla's delicious lemon version.
Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Onion
- 1 ; 3 1/2 pound Roasting Chicken
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Thyme
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 tablespoon Tarragon
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion (quartered)
- 1 Lemon (quartered and zest)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Season the skin and the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper liberally.
- Stuff the chicken with the onion, lemon wedges and herbs and truss it. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 15 minutes until it achieves a golden brown color then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees basting occasionally. Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees, after approximately 40 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.