Have something sweet after dinner!
Stephanie Abrams' Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- For the Cake:
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Grated (Peeled Carrots)
- 1/2 cup Rasins
- 1/2 cup Pineapple and Juice
For the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8- ounce Packages Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- For the Cake: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk sugar and oil in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
- Add flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and pineapple.
- Line bottom of a 9 inch pan with waxed paper. Butter and flour the paper. Put mixture into pan.
- Bake cake 30-40 min. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing.
- For the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting: While the cake cools beat all the frosting ingredients in a stand mixer on medium until fluffy. Chill the frosting for 10-20 minutes until it has set to spread smoothly.