The slight sweetness of the golden raisins provides a nice contrast to the savory anchovies and garlic.
Skillet Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe
- 4 Pork Chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 4 Anchovies
- 2 Garlic cloves(smashed; skin on)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flake (optional)
- 6 cups Broccoli Rabe (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Season pork chops with salt and allow to rest in the fridge overnight.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then carefully add the pork chops. Sear until deep golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, and then flip. Cook on the other side for 5 to 6 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Heat the chicken stock in a small pot and add the raisins to plump.
- Add the anchovies to the pan and melt in the pan drippings. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chili flake (if desired). Add the broccoli rabe and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine the flavors. Deglaze with wine. Cook for 1 minute, or until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Add the chicken stock and the butter. Swirl to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove the garlic.
- Serve the saucy broccoli with the pork chops.