A delicious, healthy dish that the entire family will love!
Stovetop Cauliflower Mac n' Cheese
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 2 Carrots (quartered)
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Yellow Squash (sliced into half moons)
- 1 small Onion (diced)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Green Beans (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Pretzels (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 cups Whole wheat egg noodles (cooked)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (chopped)
- Preheat oven to broil. In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets, garlic, onions, carrots, and squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, paprika, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, adding slightly more oil if necessary to coat all vegetables.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet, spread evenly in a single layer. Broil 10-15 minutes, tossing regularly until golden brown and soft. Once cooked, add vegetables to a food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat another tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high. Add the vegetable puree, yogurt, milk, and hot sauce and stir to combine. Add the cheese and stir until melted and combined, then add the chicken and noodles. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are combined and spicy.
- To make the topping, heat another tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat, add the pretzels and green beans and fry until crispy.
- Top the mac'n'cheese with the green bean topping.