It's good to be green!
Daphne Oz's Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Greens
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 shallots (chopped - about 1 cup)
- 1 serrano chile (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- sea salt
- 1 medium head cauliflower (florets and stems cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (plus more for garnish)
- 3 bunches kale (ends removed and leaves roughly chopped)
- 3 bunches collard greens (ends removed and leaves roughly chopped)
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped dates (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; add the onion and cook, covered, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, serrano chile, and a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 minutes more until chile has softened a bit. Add cauliflower, and pour in water until it reaches just below the top of the cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and add 2 tablespoons dill. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. When cauliflower is tender add in the greens, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dill. Using an immersion or regular blender, puree until very smooth, adding more water (about 1/2 cup) if it’s too thick. Return to pot, and reheat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill, black pepper, a drizzle of oil, chopped dates and pinch of sea salt.