This Seattle-inspired dish represents everything delicious about northwest cuisine. Try it for yourself.
Cedar Plank Salmon
- Cedar Plank (soaked in water for at least 2 hours)
- 1 Side of Salmon (skin on)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Scallions
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small saucepot over medium-high heat, add soy sauce and honey. Reduce it by half, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the mustard.
- Evenly and thoroughly brush the side of salmon with the soy glaze. Transfer to oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat a grillpan to medium-high. Toss the scallions with the extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the scallions until bright green and charred in spots.
- Serve the scallions alongside the salmon.
Similar categories: Dinner