Mario Batali's Celery Root Mash
- 2 pounds Celeriac (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 pound Russet or White Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- In a large pot, combine the celeriac, potatoes and enough water to cover the vegetables by at least 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the starchy water.
- Process the vegetables in a food mill or ricer and return to the pot over low heat. Stir in the half-and-half and olive oil until fully incorporated. Adjust seasoning to taste.