Sweet Pea Salad
Michael Symon's Charred Sweet Peas and Mint
- 1 pound Sweet Peas in the shell (about 5 cups)
2 Lemons (zest and juice)
1 teaspoon Chili Flake
1/2 cup Mint (chopped)
Flaky Sea Salt
- Place a griddle over medium-high heat.
- De-string peas. Scatter the peas on the griddle and let them sit for a minute before touching them.
- Stir and let cook one minute longer, until just beginning to char. Taste and make sure the peas are cooked enough. There should be a bite left but they should not be fibrous.
- In a large bowl, add the chili flake, lemon zest, juice and the mint. Add the peas and toss to coat. Serve with a generous sprinkle of flaky sea salt and eat like edamame.