This dish can be made ahead and baked right before serving which makes it perfect for busy families.
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits with Baked Eggs
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 12 Unbaked Store-bought Cheddar Flavored Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Shallots
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Bunch Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lay the bacon on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 24 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove from the baking sheet and drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon.
- Meanwhile, spray a 12-cup muffin pan with flavorless vegetable cooking spray. Mold the biscuits to fit into each muffin cup without filling it and bake for about 8 minutes, or until the biscuits begin to brown and are baked about halfway through.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until the shallots are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs and paprika. Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crumbled bacon, cheese, salt, and pepper. Return to medium-high heat and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Mix in the chives, and when the eggs begin to coagulate but are still runny, ladle the eggs into each par-baked biscuit to fill. Return the muffin pan to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the eggs set.
- Remove and serve with sausage gravy.