Beef Burgers with a Cheesy Filling
Mario's How-To Makeover: Cheddar Scallion Pocket Burgers
- For the Burger:
- 2 pounds Ground Chuck
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Celery Seed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Salt to taste
For the Filling:
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced Scallions
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® Dressing Made with Olive Oil
- Place ground chuck in a large mixing bowl with Worcestershire, pepper, celery seed, salt and Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil and mix gently till well combined. Form 12 equal thin patties about 2 1/2 ounces each, about 6 inches across and put in the fridge. In another mixing bowl, stir together cheddar, scallions, the Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil until nicely mixed.
- To assemble the pocket burger, lay 6 patties on a clean workspace and divide the cheddar mixture evenly among them placing the mixture on top of each patty and right in the middle. Place 1 patty on top of each to form 6 burgers with a cheese center and carefully press the edges together to form a closed disk that kind of looks like a flying saucer. Place in the fridge until just ready to cook.
- Brush each burger with a little olive oil and place on the grill, griddle or skillet and cook 7 minutes on the first side. Gently turn over and cook 6 minutes on the second side or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove, place on toasted buns and serve with toppings, like red onion (sliced), tomato thinly sliced, ketchup, chinese mustard, sweet pickle relish, Hellmann’s® Dressing Made with Olive Oil, sliced jalapenos.