Treat your family and yourself to this cheesy and meaty pie.
Cheese and Pepperoni Pie
- For the Pizza Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Pie:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound broccoli (chopped - stems included)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Sliced pepperoni (diced)
- 2 mini sweet yellow peppers (like a jalepeno in shape but sweet and multi-colored diced)
- 2 mini sweet red peppers (like a jalepeno in shape but sweet and multi-colored - diced)
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1 Egg beaten
- For the Pizza Dough: Dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm water let stand until top gets frothy (about 8 minutes) In a food processor, combine ingredients until a ball is formed, adding additional warm water gradually as needed. Remove and knead the dough until it is smooth and pliable, about 10 minutes. Put in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, put in warm place and let rise about 2 hours until doubled in volume.
- For the Pie: On medium heat, sauté the garlic and broccoli in olive oil until fork tender (about 10-12 mins). Season with salt to taste.
- In a separate frying pan, cook the ground beef. Add peppers and cook until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Stretch dough into a large rectangle, making sure there are no holes. Place, broccoli, garlic, sausage, peppers and cheese down the middle going almost all the way to the ends. Fold over and seal the edges with egg. Bake on a cookie sheet that had been either sprayed with Pam or greased with olive oil. Lightly oil top with olive oil and bake in a 375° oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.