This inspired dish is so good you'll want it all the time.
Cheese Ravioli with Garlic, Mushroom and Rosemary Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds cheese raviolis (fresh or dried)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat a large pot of boiling water over high heat and season generously with salt (make it taste like the ocean).
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil. Once hot, add rosemary sprigs and mushrooms. Toss the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile drop the ravioli in the boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Then add the garlic and shallot to the pan and toss to coat. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic and shallots are cooked through.
- Cook the ravioli one minute shorter than the packaged instructions.
- Drain ravioli, reserving the pasta water, and put into the saute pan. Add about 1/3 cup of the pasta water along with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add Parmigiano and toss the pasta until the sauce is creamy and emulsified. Serve immediately.