Super Creamy Potatoes
Rahum Williams' Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 3 large washed unpeeled Red Potatoes (chopped into large chunks)
- 2 large washed unpeeled Russet Potatoes (chopped into large chunks)
- 1 medium White Onion (small dice)
- 6-8 ounces Smoked Gouda or Mozzarella Cheese (chopped into small chunks)
- 1/2 pint Half and Half
- Kosher Salt
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- granulated Garlic (optional)
- Put all of the potatoes into a large pot. Add water to the pot until all of the potatoes are fully submerged. Cover the pot and put it on a large flame. When you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes (20 mins to a half hour) turn the flame off, then dump the water from the pot.
- Add the onions and the cheese to the pot, then add a small amount of half and half. Mash the potatoes, adding more half and half until you achieve a consistency that you like (i.e. creamy, fluffy, etc). Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and garlic powder, if using, to taste. Stir the potatoes to make sure that the seasoning is fully incorproated.