According to Mario, canned tuna, cheddar cheese, and nacho cheese tortilla chips are all dumpli-cizable. Here's how!
Cheesy Tuna Dumpling
- 12 ounces Canned Tuna (drained)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Nacho Cheese Chips (ground)
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a large pot of water on the stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Soak the bread crumbs in milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine tuna, cheddar cheese, and nacho chips. Use hands to squeeze excess milk out of bread crumbs and then add them to the tuna mixture. Season with salt and pepper and taste for seasoning. Mix egg into mixture and form into 2-inch dumplings.
- Gently drop dumplings into the simmering water. Poach for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove with a slotted utensil to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the dumplings and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with salt. Serve warm.