Chicken with Dried Apricots and Apples
Art Smith's Chicken and Apples with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Dressing
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chives
- freshly ground Black Pepper
For the Chicken:
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped Dried Apricots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Red Onion
- 1 Celery stalk (peeled and sliced thin on the bias)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- For the Dressing: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the blue cheese and chives and season with freshly ground black pepper. Refrigeratre the dressing until ready to use. (This dressing can be made 3 days in advance).
- For the Chicken: Place the chicken breasts and buttermilk in a medium saute pan and bring to a simmer. The buttermilk will appear to curdle or break - this is okay, as the milk will be discarded once the chicken is cooked. Simmer the chicken in the milk for 20 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat and lift the chicken from the buttermilk. Refrigerate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the apple, dried apricots, red onion, celery, and lemon juice to the bowl and mix together until combined. Fold in the dressing until fully incorporated and season with salt it desired.
- Divide the chicken salad among 4 plates.
Similar categories: Dinner