The shredded chicken becomes tender and spicy when slow cooked with salsa. Pair with your favorite rice and vegetables.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 bag frozen veggies (corn, peas, etc.)
- box of instant rice
- 1 package burrito-sized tortillas
- guacamole (to serve)
- sour cream (to serve)
- Place chicken, salsa, and 1 cup water in crock pot. Cook chicken on low for 6 hours.
- With 30 minutes of cooking time left on crockpot and add frozen veggies.
- Then prepare your favorite rice according to directions on package.
- When chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and shred. Pour vegetables through strainer and reserve liquid. Add veggies to chicken. If it seems too dry, you can add some reserved liquid from crock pot.
- Place chicken, rice mixture, and shredded cheese in tortilla & roll. Place in a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over burritos and bake at 350º for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guacamole & sour cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Techniques Slow Cooker Cuisine Mexican
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat