The shredded chicken becomes tender and spicy when slow cooked with salsa. Pair with your favorite rice and vegetables.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 bag frozen veggies (corn, peas, etc.)
- box of instant rice
- 1 package burrito-sized tortillas
- guacamole (to serve)
- sour cream (to serve)
- Place chicken, salsa, and 1 cup water in crock pot. Cook chicken on low for 6 hours.
- With 30 minutes of cooking time left on crockpot and add frozen veggies.
- Then prepare your favorite rice according to directions on package.
- When chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and shred. Pour vegetables through strainer and reserve liquid. Add veggies to chicken. If it seems too dry, you can add some reserved liquid from crock pot.
- Place chicken, rice mixture, and shredded cheese in tortilla & roll. Place in a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over burritos and bake at 350º for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guacamole & sour cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Techniques Slow Cooker Cuisine Mexican
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal