Burritos with Chicken, Veggies, and Rice
Shannon Naughton's Chicken Burritos
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 16 ounce jar Salsa
- 1 bag frozen Veggies (corn; peas; etc.)
- box of Instant Rice
- 1 package Burrito-Sized Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream to serve Sour Cream to serve Guacamole to serve Sour Cream to serve
- Place chicken, salsa, and ½ jar of water in crock pot. Cook chicken on low for 6 hours. With 30 minutes of cooking time left on crockpot, add frozen veggies.
- Then prepare your favorite rice according to directions on package.
- When chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and shred. Pour vegetables through strainer and reserve liquid. Add veggies to chicken. If it seems too dry, you can add some reserved liquid from crock pot (Or, use enchilada sauce in place of the reserved liquid.)
- Place chicken, rice mixture, and shredded cheese in tortilla and roll. Place in a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over burritos and bake at 350º for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guacamole and sour cream.