The shredded chicken becomes tender and spicy when slow cooked with salsa. Pair with your favorite rice and vegetables.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 bag frozen veggies (corn, peas, etc.)
- box of instant rice
- 1 package burrito-sized tortillas
- guacamole (to serve)
- sour cream (to serve)
- Place chicken, salsa, and 1 cup water in crock pot. Cook chicken on low for 6 hours.
- With 30 minutes of cooking time left on crockpot and add frozen veggies.
- Then prepare your favorite rice according to directions on package.
- When chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and shred. Pour vegetables through strainer and reserve liquid. Add veggies to chicken. If it seems too dry, you can add some reserved liquid from crock pot.
- Place chicken, rice mixture, and shredded cheese in tortilla & roll. Place in a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over burritos and bake at 350º for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guacamole & sour cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Techniques Slow Cooker Cuisine Mexican
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw