Turn leftover roasted chicken into the filling for this baked Italian specialty.
- For the Crespelle:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Olive Oil
- For the Cannelloni:
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 2 Carrots (sliced into thin rounds)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups Leftover Cooked Broccoli Florets (chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds Leftover Roasted Chicken (shredded)
- 1 Besciamela Recipe
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated)
- For the Crespelle: Place the flour in a large bowl. Whisk in the two eggs and salt. Then slowly whisk in the milk. Set the batter aside to rest for 20 to 25 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a small nonstick saute pan over medium. Brush with olive oil and pour 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, swirling to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until pale golden on the bottom, 30 to 40 seconds. Flip over and cook for another 20 seconds and remove to a plate. Repeat until all the batter is used, about 18 crespelle.
- For the Cannelloni: Preheat the oven to broil. In a large saute pan heat extra virgin olive oil until smoking. Add the onion and carrots and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly tender. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Add the leftover broccoli and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and toss together with the shredded chicken and 1 cup of the besciamela. Add half of the Parmigiano.
- Place two tablespoons of filling into the center of each pancake and roll up into a tube. Place in a olive oil grease baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining besciamela, top with the remaining cheese, and bake in preheat oven for 6 to 8 minutes until golden on top.