This chicken and so easy and good you'll be tempted to make it all the time.
Chicken Cutlets with Spinach and Walnut Pesto
- For the Chicken:
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (pounded)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2-1 cup Olive oil (for frying - enough for an inch in the bottom of the pan)
For the Spinach Walnut Pesto:
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4-1 cup olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound fettucini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano
- For the Chicken: Heat the oil.
- Dip each cutlet in flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove cutlets to a plate.
- For the Pasta: Boil fettucini per package instructions. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil and pecorino romano. Top pasta with chicken cutlets, and spoon pesto liberally over chicken.
- For the Spinach Walnut Pesto: In food processor, chop spinach and garlic add cheese and walnut. Add olive oil until the consistency of a puree.