Lemon Chicken Breast
Michael Symon's Chicken Francaise
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless; pounded to 1/4-inch)
- 2 Eggs plus 2 tablespoons Water (whisked)
- 2 Garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/3 cup Capers
- 6 tablespoons Parsley (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the flour with a generous amount of salt and pepper and whisk together in a baking dish. Lightly coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour and then dip in the egg wash. Gently place in the hot oil and fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the breast and fry for another 2 minutes until golden.
- Add the sliced garlic to the pan and cook for about 20 seconds. Deglaze with the wine, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Stir in the broth, lemon juice and capers and allow to reduce for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, parsley and butter and swirl to emulsify. Plate the chicken with the sauce and serve.