Clinton Kelly's Chicken Francese
- 4 large Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless and pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (cut into wheels plus wedges to garnish)
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley leaves (torn)
- Season chicken with salt. Whisk together flour, salt and pepper in a rimmed baking dish. Place eggs and water in a rimmed baking dish and season.
- Heat a large skillet with 1/4-inch of olive oil over medium-high. Working in batches to avoid over crowding the pan, lightly coat chicken in the season flour, dip in the egg mixture and place in the oil oil to fry. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip and continue to cook on the second side until golden and crispy, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Once chicken is cooked through transfer to a large serving platter. Drain excess oil.
- Remove half of the cooking oil. Deglaze the pan with the wine, making sure to scrap up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in chicken stock and butter to emulsify. Add the lemon wheels and season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat and add the fresh parsley. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Pound the chicken evenly so it cooks evenly.