Chicken Burgers topped with Mac and Cheese
Clinton Kelly's Chicken Mac and Cheese Burgers
- For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Chicken
- 1 Zucchini (grated)
- 1 Onion (grated and excess moisture squeezed out)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
For the Mac and Cheese:
- 1 pound Macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 pound Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Brioche Rolls
- For the Burgers: In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the grated zucchini, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, egg, and a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Fold together until combine. With dampened hands, form into patties, and arrange on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- On a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat, griddle the patties for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- To Assemble: Halve the brioche rolls and lightly toast. Assemble burger. Place a chicken patty on the bottom bun and top with a large scoop of mac and cheese.
- For the Mac and Cheese: Cook the macaroni according to package directions in salted water. Drain.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the onions and garlic in the butter over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the paprika and the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons flour and the milk and stir until starts to thicken slightly, about 4 minutes. Fold in the cheese and add the macaroni. Stir together and set aside.