Take a bite out of history with this historic meal named in honor of Napoleon Bonaparte's Battle of Marengo! Legend has it that Napoleon himself ate this meal in celebration of his victory and enjoyed so much that he requested it after every battle ever since!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 whole chicken (broken down)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-28 ounce can san marzano tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven. Season chicken and brown. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic cloves. Fry until golden. Add the wine, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, parsley olives and chicken to the dutch oven. Bring to a simmer and cover for about 40 -45 minutes.
- Fry each egg in olive oil and top dish before serving.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel