Take a bite out of history with this historic meal named in honor of Napoleon Bonaparte's Battle of Marengo! Legend has it that Napoleon himself ate this meal in celebration of his victory and enjoyed so much that he requested it after every battle ever since!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 whole chicken (broken down)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-28 ounce can san marzano tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven. Season chicken and brown. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic cloves. Fry until golden. Add the wine, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, parsley olives and chicken to the dutch oven. Bring to a simmer and cover for about 40 -45 minutes.
- Fry each egg in olive oil and top dish before serving.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami