Take a bite out of history with this historic meal named in honor of Napoleon Bonaparte's Battle of Marengo! Legend has it that Napoleon himself ate this meal in celebration of his victory and enjoyed so much that he requested it after every battle ever since!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 whole chicken (broken down)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-28 ounce can san marzano tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven. Season chicken and brown. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic cloves. Fry until golden. Add the wine, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, parsley olives and chicken to the dutch oven. Bring to a simmer and cover for about 40 -45 minutes.
- Fry each egg in olive oil and top dish before serving.
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice