This grab bag dish is better than most planned meals!
Michael Symon's Chicken Paillard with Cheesy Hash Browns
- 5 chicken breasts (pounded thinly)
- 1/2 pound bacon (chopped)
- 2 red potatoes (grated and squeezed of liquid)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (chopped)
- 1 onion (grated and squeezed of liquid)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- chili flake
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat two pans over medium high heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to each pan and add the butter to one of them.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and chili flake and then place in the pan. Do not overcrowd. Add the bacon. Cook breasts on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1/2 cup of water. Add the broccoli florets and reduce the water by half. Stir in the sour cream off the heat.
- Add the grated onion and potato in an event layer in the other pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Once the hash is browned on one side, flip it and then sprinkle the browned hash with the cheddar cheese. Let cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until golden.
- Plate the hash browns and then add the chicken and sauce on top.