Chicken with Olives and Raisins
Daphne Oz's Chicken Paillard
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnuts (finely ground)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup Slivered Olives
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Orange (zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat large cast iron pan or non-skillet over medium-high.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush one side of the chicken breasts with dijon mustard. Dredge the chicken with hazelnuts. Drizzle the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then flip and continue cooking for 2 more minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and cook remaining chicken. Set cooked chicken on a plate and tent with foil until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm chicken topped with carrot slaw.