This dish is favorite with Debi's family and will soon be a favorite of your family's too.
Chicken Parm Burger
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil plus for to fry
- 2 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Minced onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Rolls
- Sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix chicken, oil, sauce and seasonings together. Form the chicken mixture into balls. The texture is gloppy. Flatten into burger patties and dip into the panko and cheese mixture.
- Put burgers on waxed paper and allow them to set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pour a liberal amount of olive oil in a nonstick fry pan. Pan fry burgers until done and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel.
- Top burgers with some additional tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese melts. Serve on a crispy round roll.