Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breast
Jessica Mascoll's Chicken Saltimbocca with Asparagus
- 6 small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound Prosciutto
- 1 pound Sharp Provolone Cheese (sliced thin)
- 6 Sage Leaves
- 1-2 cups Dry White Wine
- 1-2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For each piece of chicken, lightly score the top and cover with a slice of provolone, one sage leaf, and then wrap the breast with prosciutto. Use just enough to cover the surface area of the chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray or olive oil. Crack some black pepper over the top. Then, pour the white wine and chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish, enough to come halfway up side of the chicken breasts.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Place into oven to roast until desired tenderness, usually 10 to15 minutes.
- Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, or until prosciutto is crispy. Allow chicken to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with the roasted asparagus and a drizzle of pan sauce.