This dish is sure to satisfy the whole family.
Michael's Manly Chicken Stew
- 5 pound Whole chicken (roasted and picked)
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (1 Stick)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 12 cup Chicken Stock
- 4 cup Leeks white part only (small diced)
- 2 cup Carrots (small diced)
- 2 cup Celery (small diced)
- 2 cup Peas
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Tarragon (Roughly Chopped)
- Dash of Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot add the butter along with the garlic, carrots and celery with a large pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sweat the vegetables until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, then add the chicken stock. Bring this liquid up to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add the leeks. Simmer for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, add the peas and chicken and then simmer for another ten minutes. Taste for seasoning here, then finish with the tarragon and fresh grating of nutmeg. Serve over biscuits.