Gwyneth Paltrow's Chicken Stock
Flavorful Chicken Stock
Season braised chicken with this flavorful broth.
- 1 Whole 3 to 4 pound Organic Chicken (washed)
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 stalks Celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 large Onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 sprigs of Parsley
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
Gwyneth Paltrow's Braised Chicken - Part 1
1 Whole 3 to 4 pound Organic Chicken (washed)
1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
1 Bay Leaf
2 stalks Celery (roughly chopped)
1 large Onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 Carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
3 sprigs of Parsley
3 sprigs of Thyme
1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
Put all the ingredients into a large soup pot, cover with cold water (it should take about 3 quarts), and bring to a boil over high heat.
Skim any foam that rises to the top, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 1.5 hours.
Let the stock cool, then strain into containers to freeze for up to 6 months. Discard the cooked aromatics - their flavor will be spent at this point.