Flavorful Chicken Stock
Gwyneth Paltrow's Chicken Stock
- 1 Whole 3 to 4 pound Organic Chicken (washed)
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 stalks Celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 large Onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 sprigs of Parsley
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Put all the ingredients into a large soup pot, cover with cold water (it should take about 3 quarts), and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Skim any foam that rises to the top, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Let the stock cool, then strain into containers to freeze for up to 6 months. Discard the cooked aromatics - their flavor will be spent at this point.