A healthy dish!
Daphne Oz's Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- For the Chicken:
- 8 Boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 Cup Peach Preserves
- 3 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
For the Spinach:
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Spinach (washed and trimmed)
- 1 clove Garlic (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- For the Chicken: Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put the cubed sweet potatoes and onions into slow cooker and top with seasoned chicken.
- Mix together the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, 3 cups chicken stock, and peach preserves then pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, ginger, curry powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender.
- For the Sauce: Mix together the cornstarch and chicken stock, add to the slow cooker and turn up heat to high. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- For the Spinach: Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, add the 2 tablespoons olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the spinach and cook until wilted. Fold in sesame seeds and transfer to platter.