Oh snap! This poultry packed portion will have you swinging your thighs in satisfaction!
Chicken Thighs with Snap Peas
- For the Chicken Thighs:
- 12 cloves Garlic cloves (10 crushed - leave 2 whole)
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil plus extra
- 2 Salt-Packed Anchovies (filleted and rinsed then patted dry) or 4 oil-packed anchovy fillets (drained)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 2 cups Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 12 Boneless (Skinless Chicken Thighs)
- 3 Shallots (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- 1 pound Snap Peas (blanched in boiling water until just bright green then chilled in an ice bath and drained)
- Olio Piccante for drizzling (Recipe Follows)
For the Olio Piccante:
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Jalapeno Peppers (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- For the Chicken Thighs: Combine 10 cloves of the garlic, 1/2 cup of the oil, the anchovies, parsley, and bread crumbs in a food processor and zap until smoothish.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Put the chicken thighs in a large bowl and sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat well. Arrange in a single layer on a platter and put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for indirect grilling.
- Place the chicken thighs skinned side up on the cooler part of the grill, cover the grill, and grill, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a 10- to 12- inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic, the shallots and anchovy paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the snap peas and cook, stirring, just until heated through. Transfer the snap peas to a platter and set aside.
- Arrange the thighs on top of the snap peas and serve with a drizzle of olio piccante.
- For the Olio Piccante: In a small saucepan, combine the oil, jalapenos, pepper flakes, and paprika and bring just to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the oil (and flavorings) into a heatproof bowl and let cool, then cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Strain the oil and keep refrigerated until ready to use. It can be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed jar for up to 10 days-- no longer.