Warm up with this tasty dish!
Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3 14- ounce cans Chicken Broth
- 4 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 10 .75-ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Prepared Salsa (your favorite)
- 4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts (boiled and drained and then shredded)
- 1 15- ounce can Kidney Beans
- 1 15- ounce can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 15- ounce can Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 1 .27-ounce packet Fajita Seasoning
- 1 16- ounce bag Tortilla Chips
- 8 ounce Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 8 Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat; add the garlic and onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more. Add the broth and the half and half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Then reduce heat to low. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and fajita seasoning. Continue to simmer over low hear for 15 minutes.
- Crumble the tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with a ladle of soup. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.