Spicy Chicken Quesadilla with Mushrooms, Beans, and Peppers
Carole's Chicken and Vegetable Quesadilla with Guacamole
- For the Chicken and Vegetable Quesadilla:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 medium Sweet Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 pound Baby Bella Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Canned Black Beans (rinsed)
- 8 Whole Wheat or Flour Tortillas
- Fajita Seasoning (to taste)
- Cajun Seasoning (to taste)
- Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
For the Guacamole:
- 4 Avocados (peeled; seeded and roughly chopped)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Flat Leaf Italian Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Chives (chopped)
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- For the Chicken and Vegetable Quesadilla: Add 1 tablespoon of flavored olive oil to pan and saute peppers and onions with some fajita seasoning and cajun seasoning until slightly softened.
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms in some olive oil until caramelized. Then add mushrooms to the pepper and onion mixture.
- Shred the chicken and mix with some cajun and fajita seasoning until chicken takes on an slightly orange color.
- In large frying pan or griddle (sprayed with cooking spray), start to build the quesadilla. Put one tortilla shell in pan/griddle add some cheese, beans, some of the pepper, onion and mushroom mixture, the shredded chicken and a little more cheese on top. Then add another tortilla on top. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut into 4 or 6 slices. Serve with the following condiments - pickled jalapenos, crema or sour cream, mango salsa or a plain salsa and guacamole.
- For the Guacamole: Peel and mash the avacados (I like mine chunky) and put in bowl with chopped tomato, parsley, chives and a few tablespoons of lime juice. Add sea salt to taste. Serve with quesadilla or blue corn tortilla chips.