This delicious dish is great for a snack or as a meal!
Chili Cheese Quesadilla
- For the Pesto:
- 1 Serrano Chile (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Scallions (chopped)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (leaves only)
- Zest of 1 Limes
- For the Beans:
- 1 can Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can 14-ounce Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Yellow Onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- For Assembly:
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to grease pan
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- For the Pesto: Combine the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until just smooth. Season with salt.
- For the Beans: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, kidney beans and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary.
- For Assembly: Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Spread some of the pesto onto half of the tortilla, and carefully lay tortilla into the pan. Add a spoonful of the bean mixture over the same half of the tortilla, then some of the cheese and crushed tortilla chips. When cheese begins to bubble, fold the tortilla over in half to a half-moon shape, and flip quesadilla over. Sprinkle salt on tortilla. Once cheese has melted through, transfer to a plate and serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, lime, and hot sauce.
Similar categories: Dinner