This soup is easy to make but it tastes like you spent hours working on it. Give it a try today!
Chilled Pea Soup
- For the Soup:
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Sliced Shallots
- 1/4 cup Sliced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Coriander Seeds
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Fresno Chile (sliced)
- 4 cups Shelled English Peas
- 3 to 4 cups Greek Yogurt (cold)
- 1 small Bunch Mint (leaves picked)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
For the Grilled Bread with Prosciutto:
- Rustic loaf bread (sliced)
- Prosciutto (2 slices per serving)
- olive oil
- For the Soup: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add enough salt to make it taste like the ocean.
- Add the shallots, garlic, coriander seeds, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, and sliced chiles, and bring back to a boil. Taste the water and season with salt, if needed.
- Add the English peas, bring the soup back to a boil and allow it to cook until the peas are al dente, about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Using a strainer or spider, add the pea mixture to a blender with 2 ladlefuls of flavored liquid, the yogurt and the mint leaves. Puree until smooth. Pour through a wired mesh strainer into a bowl over an ice bath to cool very quickly. Continue to stir until chilled. Taste for seasoning. Garnish with almonds.
- For the Grilled Bread with Prosciutto: Drizzle each slice of bread with olive oil and on both sides. Grill bread on griddle until toasted on both sides. Top grilled bread with prosciutto and another drizzle of olive oil. Serve with soup.