Spicy Chicken Wings
Michael Symon's Chipotle Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
For the Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
For the Wing Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Pureed Chipotle in Adobo
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- For the Marinade: A day ahead of time, combine all marinade ingredients and add the wings, tossing to evenly coat. Place them in a gallon sized bag and refrigerate.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Spread the wings out on a baking tray, with any liquid remaining from the marinade, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until just about cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- For the Wing Sauce: In the meantime, make the wing sauce by placing a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients and whisk occasionally until the butter has melted then taste and season with salt, and more honey if desired. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the wings to the hot oil, deep frying until golden and crispy about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove them onto some paper towels and season them with salt.
- Place fried wings into a bowl; pour the sauce over the top, then mix to evenly coat all of the wings. Add in the cilantro leaves, tossing one more time. Serve with your favorite accompaniments.